Autumn is a wonderful time of year with warm colors and warm scents that make the season unique. Rather than spending a lot of money redecorating for fall, you can simply switch out the accessories in your home to achieve the seasonal look and feel. Use these seven interior design tips for budget-friendly decorating this fall.
1. Switch out throw pillows and add cozy blankets to your couches and chairs instead of buying new furniture for the living room in fall hues. Covering furniture in slip covers is also an inexpensive way to decorate for the season. Decorate with colors such as red, olive, mustard yellow and different hues of orange.
2. Choose duvet covers and decorative pillows in your favorite fall colors to change up the look in bedrooms.
3. Paint one wall in a fall accent color, which will dramatically change the look of a room for a minimal time commitment and cost.
4. Choose candles in glorious autumn scents. Try the following scents: apple cider, cinnamon, pine, nutmeg and pumpkin spice. Not only will the candles add a warm glow to match the warm fall colors, but they will also fill your home with distinctive aromas of the season.
5. Collect natural items from the great outdoors to use as accent pieces. Pine cones, corn stalks, acorns and moss can be combined to create a magnificent centerpiece for your dining room or kitchen table. You can arrange these same items in a vase for a beautiful fall accessory for the living room. Other items from nature to consider include: ornamental grasses, pomegranates, squash, acorns and pumpkins. Coasters made from trees, accessories decorated with twine and other woodsy accent pieces are also perfect for the season.
6. Purchase art prints for the walls in any room with an autumn theme. Changing out the art in your home is an easy and budget-friendly way to decorate for the different seasons. Choose art prints with an autumn landscape, pumpkins, a seasonal countryside or many other fall-inspired themes.
7. Create a beautiful autumn display at your front door to welcome friends, family and guests to your home. Hang a fall-themed wreath on your front door. Use corn stalks, straw, pumpkins and other hearty fall vegetables as decorating accessories. Birch branches, long twigs and corn stalks can fill a large vase for a spectacular autumn arrangement. Tie a wide orange, yellow or red ribbon around the vase to finish off the look.