Remodeling a laundry room is fairly easy. This room is often the most overlooked room in the house but in a few simple steps, you can turn it into a functional, organized masterpiece you will be proud to show off.
Here are the five steps to an easy Laundry Room Remodel:
1. Flooring – If you are doing a full remodeling project, you might as well start from the floor up! Tile or vinyl are the best options although laminate or wood floors can be used as well.
2. Cabinets – If you don’t already have cabinets in your laundry room, you may want to consider adding them if you have room. Not only will they add storage to your home, but they should increase your home’s value.
3. Walls and Décor – Cute laundry themed art work, whimsical sayings stenciled on the walls, vintage prints, black and whites of your favorite family photographs…just about anything works well as laundry room décor!
As for paint colors, for smaller rooms you may want to go with soft, light, or neutral colors. Darker colors can make an already small room seem smaller. If you have a large laundry room that is well lit, you could go with a bolder color if you want.
4. Storage/Organization – Make the most of your space and plan your laundry room for optimal storage and organization. If you don’t have room for cabinets, at least install a shelf over the washing machine and dryer. A slide out cart that fits between the two appliances is another way to squeeze every bit of available storage space out of the room.
5. Finishing Touches – Window treatments and a nice laundry room rug will help to put the finishing touches on the room.
Remember to look at the overall picture when remodeling your laundry room. All the items you choose for the room should compliment each other.