Having an above ground pool in your backyard is a great way to enjoy the summer months and create lasting memories with your family and friends. But why settle for a plain pool when you can transform it into a stunning oasis with a well-designed deck? In this article, we will explore some of the most popular above ground pool deck designs that will not only enhance the aesthetic appeal of your pool but also provide functionality and safety.
1. Traditional Wood Deck
A classic and timeless choice, a traditional wood deck offers a natural and rustic look that blends seamlessly with any backyard. It can be built at ground level or elevated, depending on your preference. Wood decks are versatile, durable, and can be customized to fit any shape or size of the pool.
– Natural and aesthetically pleasing – Can be stained or painted to match your outdoor decor – Can easily be expanded or modified – Provides a comfortable and slip-resistant surface
– Requires regular maintenance such as sealing, staining, and occasional repairs – Susceptible to warping, splintering, and rotting if not properly maintained
2. Composite Decking
If you prefer a low-maintenance option, composite decking is an excellent choice. Made from a blend of recycled materials and wood fibers, composite decking offers the look and feel of real wood without the drawbacks. It is resistant to rot, mold, and fading, making it an ideal choice for pool decks.
– Low maintenance and long-lasting – Resistant to rot, mold, and fading – Available in a variety of colors and textures – Environmentally friendly
– More expensive upfront cost compared to wood – Can become hot to the touch under direct sunlight – Limited design options compared to wood
3. Concrete Deck
A concrete deck is another popular choice for above ground pools. It offers a clean and modern look that can be customized with various finishes, such as stamped or stained concrete. Concrete decks are durable, low maintenance, and can withstand harsh weather conditions.
– Durable and long-lasting – Low maintenance and easy to clean – Can be customized with different finishes and textures – Provides a slip-resistant surface
– Initial installation cost can be higher than other options – Prone to cracking and settling over time – Can become hot to the touch under direct sunlight
4. Multi-level Deck
If you want to create a visually striking pool deck, consider a multi-level design. This design features multiple platforms at different heights, connected by stairs or ramps. A multi-level deck adds depth and dimension to your pool area, providing separate spaces for lounging, dining, and entertaining.
– Creates a visually appealing and dynamic outdoor space – Offers different functional areas for various activities – Provides opportunities for landscaping and outdoor decor – Adds value to your property
– Requires careful planning and design – May require additional permits and inspections – Can be more expensive to build compared to a single-level deck
An above ground pool deck can transform your backyard into a luxurious oasis. Whether you prefer the natural and timeless look of wood, the low maintenance of composite decking, the modern appeal of concrete, or the versatility of a multi-level design, there is a pool deck option that suits your style and budget. Consider your needs, preferences, and the overall aesthetics of your outdoor space when choosing the perfect deck design for your above ground pool.