It is difficult to function in a cluttered bathroom. You can never find the things that you need if you do not organize it properly. And if your bathroom is a messy and dirty at all times, you will never enjoy a simple bath time. Simply because everything you see in it is an eyesore; not to mention stinky.
There are different ways to organize a bathroom. But the best way to organize it is by creating a system. The system you implement varies according to ones preference. But just as long as you can find your stuff easily and everything is spic and span, that organization technique is very much acceptable.
If you want to make your own system, here are some tips for organization that you can integrate and improve:
1. Create waterproof shelves where you can organize your soaps, shampoos and other bathing products near the shower area. Put soaps on a soap dish and place them in stable areas. Make sure the shelves used for these items are stable enough to hold the bottled products.
2. Always put a towel holder, tissue holder and even paper towel dispenser. A towel holder keeps your towel dry and within the reach while you are bathing. It is also a space for drying it. The tissue holder allows a convenient way to draw tissue paper. This goes the same for the paper towel dispenser.
3. Keep bathroom items stored within the bathroom if you have enough space. Make use of cabinets to keep dry towels. It is also best to group similar items together.
4. Create labels to identify nameless bottles. This most important so that the user will know what they will be putting in their body. Remember there are items that look similar like liquid soap and shampoo. To avoid mix-ups, labeling is important.
5. Another great way to adopt a labeling system is through color coding. You can color code cabinets, towels and containers to let the user know what it are for and to whom it is for.
6. Throw away unused items. If you have soaps that have been there for ages and that if it looks almost dried up, remove them.
7. Put garbage bins inside. This allows users to dispose trash properly, instead of getting them flushed on the bowl.
8. As much as possible, free the counter-top from displaying tons of bathroom products. Use this as your last option for organization. It is best to use the cabinet first for storing stuff. If you can, keep the counter-top free from anything. You can, however, place decorative items like flower vase and other accessories. But it is best to have more space so that you can conveniently your other activities in your bathroom.
You really do not need an interior design to do the organizing for you. You can pull it off yourself. All you need to do is to be creative. This way you keep your bathroom looking organized at the same time fun to look at.